Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Book Out of My Past.


I recommended the book "el círculo" or "the circle" from the author: Mario Escobar to anyone interested in suspense, I read it a few years ago when I was in Mexico studying business administration. My classmate and I were waiting for our next class and this book came up in conversation because we are both interested in everyting related to paranormal activity and psicological thrillers. "The circle it's a very entertaining reading, the book it's about Salomón Lewis a famous psychiatrist that has left his Job in India for move to London as the chief psychiatrist at the center of psychological illness. He start thinking about how monotonous can be his new and well paid job, so he was hoping to find something worth his time, when he meet Maryam a young broker from London who has lived in the center for the last seven years for attempted suicide, now she only draw circles but unable to understand their meaning. Everything change when the psychiatrist received an urgent call from the center on Christmas Eve, because Maryam tried to kill a nurse and now he has to find out what the circles mean to save his family and his own life. I only read the first of three books but what got my attention was trying to find the circles meaning and how power and world economy was involved in this history. Overall this book has some bad reviews but this does not affect my opinion, the book grabs you and won't let you go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Assignment - "The Love of My Life" by T.C. Boyle

Love is a powerful word. It is a strong feeling that transforms your life, transforms everything you are. When you are in love you can...