Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Faces of Imperial – The Anecdote


         

          It was a warm August morning about eleven years ago when my best friend found out she was pregnant with her first child. I was starting my freshman year in college, and she was in her last year of high school. I remember it like it was yesterday. For both, that morning was the beginning of a new chapter in our lives. The previous night she had asked to go with her to pick up her pregnancy test at the clinic the next day, so I woke up early and before heading to school we stopped with the doctor. We pick up the envelope, and we got into the car. I still remember her face. She was so nervous but at the same time, she was hoping it was just a false alarm. Then, she asked me to open the envelope and give her the results. I was shocked! I never imagined that she would ask me to do that, but I did it. I started reading the test results, and then that word came out “positive.” I look at her immediately, but without saying a word. Like ten seconds later she said: I’m pregnant or not, just tell me. I think this is the hardest answer I’ve ever given in my whole life. I said: yes, and then she started to cry. I took her in my arms but I could feel her desolation, sadness and how all her dreams were falling apart inside her. I stayed with her for a while until she calmed down. I went to school after that and she did too. All that day I thought about what would happen if I were in her place and the difficult things that I would have to face.

1 comment:



  1. i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect then mirapex as the disease progressed in frebuary last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and belance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete

Reading Assignment - "The Love of My Life" by T.C. Boyle

Love is a powerful word. It is a strong feeling that transforms your life, transforms everything you are. When you are in love you can...